Symptoms / Diagnosis
- Prostate Cancer Basics
- Prostate Cancer Symptoms
- Prostate Cancer Risk and Prevention
- How Is Prostate Cancer Diagnosed?
- Everything You Need to Know About the PSA Test
- Staging and Grading of Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Research
- All About BPH or "Enlarged Prostate"
Prostate Cancer Basics
What is prostate cancer? What are the absolute essentials that everyone should know about this disease?
- What Is Prostate Cancer?
- What Exactly Is the Prostate Gland?
- Prostate Cancer Statistics
- Frequently Asked Questions About Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer in Black Men
- The Natural History of Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Emergencies
- The Top Ten Prostate Cancer Myths
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
What kinds of symptoms mean that you might have prostate cancer? Are there other causes that could explain your symptoms? It is important to know what to look for and what problems mean you should see your doctor.
- What Are the Symptoms of Prostate Cancer?
- Uncommon Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
- Signs of Prostate Cancer
- How Can Prostate Cancer Be Detected Without Symptoms?
Prostate Cancer Risk and Prevention
Learn all about what may increase or decrease your risk of prostate cancer. You may be surprised at what you learn.
- Risk Factors for Prostate Cancer
- Lifestyle Choices and Prostate Cancer Risk
- Family History and Prostate Cancer Risk
- Exercise and Prostate Cancer Prevention
- Vasectomy and Prostate Cancer Risk
- Environmental Exposures and Prostate Cancer Risk
- Agent Orange and Prostate Cancer
- Can Viruses Cause Prostate Cancer?
- Statin Use and Prostate Cancer
- Can Eating Soy Decrease Your Risk of Prostate Cancer?
How Is Prostate Cancer Diagnosed?
How do you know for sure whether you have prostate cancer or not? What types of studies are used to detect and diagnose prostate cancer? There are more options than you might think.
- Pros and Cons of Prostate Cancer Screening
- Alkaline Phosphatase and Prostate Cancer
- Understanding Your Digital Rectal Exam Results
Everything You Need to Know About the PSA Test
Who should get a PSA test...and when? Does your high PSA mean that you have prostate cancer? What other things can cause the PSA to rise?
- PSA Test Basics
- Non-Cancerous Causes of an Elevated PSA
- What Is PSA Velocity?
- Why May Your PSA "Density" Be Important?
- What Is Your "Percent-Free" PSA and Why Is It Important?
- The Pros and Cons of Prostate Cancer Screening with the PSA Test
- Making Sense of Your PSA Results
Staging and Grading of Prostate Cancer
How does your doctor determine how advanced your cancer is? Does the Gleason score really matter? What do your stage and grade tell you about your cancer?
- Staging Systems for Prostate Cancer
- All About the Bone Scan for Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Recurrence
Prostate Cancer Research
Learn about the current efforts being made to find better ways to diagnose and treat prostate cancer.
All About BPH or "Enlarged Prostate"
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), otherwise known as an enlarged prostate, is extremely common and becomes more common with age. The symptoms or BPH can be identical to prostate cancer and it can also cause problems of its own. Learn more about this important condition here.